Does qBittorrent use UDP protocol?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Daimroc

Does qBittorrent use UDP protocol?

Post by Daimroc »

In the configuration, I see that I only set one port and choose TCP, uTP or both, but not UDP, so I am wondering if qBittorrent use UDP or not.

I ask this because in my case, in the router, I can`t open the same port for both protocols, I have to use different ports for each protocol. This is because my internet provider used a mix of IPv6 and IPv4 and assing a random port, so I should to use the guessed port instead of the port that I want. How this is a random port, it is not the same for TCP and UDP, so I would to set both port, for TCP and UDP.

If qBittorrent use UDP too, would it be possible to add the option to can set the UDP port too?

For example, I know in emule it is possible to set both port, one for each protocol.

Thanks.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Does qBittorrent use UDP protocol?

Post by Peter »

utp = UDP.

In your router just set up two rules. One for TCP, one for UDP. And for the same port number. Will work like a charm!
Daimroc

Re: Does qBittorrent use UDP protocol?

Post by Daimroc »

Thanks for the reply.

But in my case, I can't set the same port for both protocols, because it is a ramdom port given by the router. So if qBittorrent could let set different ports for each protocol, it would be a great option in my case.