Import downloads from other clients gone?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Shjaarwle

Import downloads from other clients gone?

Post by Shjaarwle »

Hi everyone.

I was looking for a new torrent client when I found this one and I love it! Thanks to everyone working on this!

I'm new here so my apologies if I have missed something. but I cant seem to find ANY info on how to import unfinished torrent from another (uTorrent) client. I know there are discussions on migration tools, but in my case I am happy to do it one by one as I only have a few I would like to migrate.

On some outdated discussion boards it mentioned the "File >Import"option, but I don't see this option in my current version (4.2.1). Either I am missing something very obvious, in that case my apologies, but if not, can someone explain to me how to do this? The whole migration thing I found on this forum is way too technical for me unfortunately.

Thank you in advance.

Charles
Robolov

Re: Import downloads from other clients gone?

Post by Robolov »

Hi Shjwaarle,
I never noticed a file > import option, but then I made the switch quite a long time ago. You could import your torrents manually though, check the procedure on qBittorrent's github FAQ. This should do the trick, but feel free to ask if it doesn't work or you need more details
Shjaarwle

Re: Import downloads from other clients gone?

Post by Shjaarwle »

Thanks Robolov!

That is pretty simple actually. I noticed that uTorrent is not on that list so I'm guessing it doesn't store the *.torrent files. I can probably find the again though.

However, uTorrent renames the unfinished download files by adding ".!ut"at the end. Would I have to remove that extension before adding it to qbittorrent?

Thanks again