qBitTorrent Starting Downloads Automatically

Windows specific questions, problems.
linuxlad

qBitTorrent Starting Downloads Automatically

Post by linuxlad »

So how was this fixed?, cause i'm using 4.1.9.1 with sonarr.v3 and this is still an issue. I have set QBT to 'do not start the download automatically', yet every time I add a torrent via sonarr it starts the download anyway.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBitTorrent Starting Downloads Automatically

Post by Peter »

Well it may be a setting, but 4.1.9.1 is not new / latest at all...
linuxlad

Re: qBitTorrent Starting Downloads Automatically

Post by linuxlad »

The qbt-setting is correct, however, after further testing, it was sonarr that was over-riding this QBT-setting; for example when torrents are added via sonarr, they started immediately regardless that qbt was set to 'not start automaticallly', however, when the magnet is added manually/directly to qbt, then the torrent is paused as per the setting.

I have already reported this at the sonarr forum and they informed me of an 'initial state' for the download client in sonarr and after checking it, the option was set to 'start' so I have set it to pause as well, so it appears that sonarr settings over-ride the client settings. I'm not sure if it is just for this particular setting, some, or all settings that sonarr over-rides the client as I'm currently in the process of inquiring about this at the sonarr forum. I just installed sonarr and qbt, I'm new to both, but this prioritization settings between these two apps will take some adjustment.