Migrating from Deluge

Windows specific questions, problems.
austinwbest

Migrating from Deluge

Post by austinwbest »

So i have used deluge for quite some time but have been testing qbit for a couple months. It doesn't crash like deluge has been doing and the api is MUCH better than deluge. Lets not talk about no update for windows in 3 years lol.. Anyhow

I have a LOT of automated things that happens as things download, get unpacked, move, etc.. So i am trying to configure qbit similar to how deluge is for the least amount of pain recoding the automation.

I found where it has monitored directories and where it saves them to individually but i am not seeing any sort of auto category based on watch folder. Is this something that can be done with qbit?

Deluge
Watch Folder: /add
>> Download to: /download
>> Move completed to: /complete
>> Label: {LABEL_NAME}

qBit
Watch Folder: /add
>> Move completed to: /complete

1. Is there a way to automatically add a category for the torrent based on the watch folder it originated from?
2. Does qbit have this optional "download to" for each watch folder or is everything downloaded to the global "Keep incomplete torrents in" path and then moved accordingly?

I'm sure i will have a configuration question or two more but i am trying to learn all the ins/outs of the UI (previously just used it via API)

Thanks in advance for any help!