Automatic recheck?

Windows specific questions, problems.
user23737688

Automatic recheck?

Post by user23737688 »

Is there an auto-recheck option?
For example: last week I've downloaded a torrent file with some serial that has just started. So, I had a .torrent file with only 1 .mkv file in it (f. e. E01S01). Today the torrent file was modified, and now it has 2 .mkv file in it (E01S01 and E01S02). I download the new .torent file, delete the old one from the qbittorrent, put the new .torrent file in the same category (serials).
If I just press "resume" button at this point, qbittorrent will not see the file (E01S01) on disk, and it will download both files "from scratch".
To prevent that, I need to press "recheck" in right-click menu first, then wait until recheck procedure completed, and then press "resume" button. That is no good. Recheck procedure for 10 big files could last for for 3-5 minutes long, so I have to wait for all that long just to press "resume" button after.
Is there any way to make the qbittorrent automaticly "see" the previously downloaded files on disk, when replacing the .torrent file with a new one?
Or at least automaticaly start the downloading after recheck is completed?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Automatic recheck?

Post by Peter »

user23737688

Post by user23737688 »

I don't need to check files AFTER download, I need to check them BEFORE new download starts...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Well you can remove the torrent from qbittorent, re-add it, and tick the "skip check" in the add dialogue.. that could work.
user23737688

Post by user23737688 »

I've made some pictures here, just as an example.
Someone have got a torrent with 5 episodes already downloaded:
T-01a.png
T-01a.png (92.6 KiB) Viewed 5219 times
They update the torrent with 6th episode and release a new torrent file. Someone have downloaded the updated torrent and put it into qBittorrent program:
T-01a.png
T-01a.png (92.6 KiB) Viewed 5219 times
As you can see, when you select the old torrent file qbittorrent "see" all the files downloaded 100%. And when you select the new one, you can see that none of them downloaded. But they are in the same folder except the last 6th episode!
So, if someone delete the old torrent file and press resume on the new one, qbittorrent will download all 6 episodes again. So someone have to recheck it manually, wait until cheeking finish, and THEN press resume... That takes some time and in not good.
So the question was about how to start the new torrent file the way it "sees" all the files already on the disk?
Attachments
T-02a.png
T-02a.png (93.27 KiB) Viewed 5219 times