Why my files are not moving from temp folder sometimes?

Windows specific questions, problems.
zpoison

Why my files are not moving from temp folder sometimes?

Post by zpoison »

I cannot seems to get some files to go in their specified folders, they keep being stuck in the temp folder, why is so?
I rechecked them, even deleted them and redownload, still stuck in the temp folder
NOTE: I they seems to "move" for a long time , maybe it was that( I don't get why it takes a long time to move file that are on the same HDD)
postcd

Re: Why my files are not moving from temp folder sometimes?

Post by postcd »

i think that i read that qbt moving feature is significantly slower than when you move files using operating system.
I only had problem moving using qbt when the torrent shared common files with other torrent. Another thing that can prevent move is if the files are used/opened in another software.
insanebrain

Re: Why my files are not moving from temp folder sometimes?

Post by insanebrain »

I had the same issue when moving from a temp folder to a network share. I noticed that sometimes the files wouldn't transfer unless I forced a recheck on the torrent.

Ultimately I moved away from this as it was unreliable. In the end I started using a script file to get Windows to do it for me. Haven't had any issues with file transfers since.

I use the Robocopy command which is quite robust.

I download to an external drive, which is why my drive is labeled E, and I then transfer it to a network share called Z. If you want to use this just change locations.
Robocopy "E:\Downloads" Z: /s /mov

Robocopy "C:\original_download_folder" C:\other_location /s /mov

Put your command into a notepad, then save it as a batch file. MyScript.bat then add the script into qBittorrent.

Once your torrent finishes downloading it will run the script file which will then transfer your file where you want it.

As the above is using the move command, will will basically act as a cut and paste. So once moved, it will no longer be in the original location.

Use at your own risk.