V4.2.2 - Can't save files to network drive

Windows specific questions, problems.
katan

V4.2.2 - Can't save files to network drive

Post by katan »

Hello
since updating to 4.2.2 i can't save torrent downloads to my network drive.
i get this message:
"errored: the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

if I download a new torrent i don't have any problems choosing this drive and it will actually start downloading
but upon closing and opening the software i will get this message on all of them (and that's creates problem with seeding...)
can anyone help?
thanks
505thzajcev

Re: V4.2.2 - Can't save files to network drive

Post by 505thzajcev »

Hi,

I have the same issue since the last release, 4.2.2

All torrents which are founded on the network drive are in error status. Cannot do anything to repair it.
arborealthoreau

Post by arborealthoreau »

I'm having the exact same issue. I had painstakingly migrated and rechecked all torrents from local to network drive a couple weeks ago and everything was working fine. Then after the v4.2.2 update I'm getting the same I/O error. I knew I shouldn't have updated!

I saw question raised in another thread - can we downgrade to previous version and will this fix the issue?
katan

Post by katan »

Yes,
Iterim solution for me:
Downgraded to 4.2.1
Re-downloaded the torrent files and everything's working now
I guess I'll wait for 4.2.3 and hope for the best?
AIVAS001

Post by AIVAS001 »

Based on the execution log, it looks like 4.2.2 is appending the application's install directory to the torrent location.
i.e.
2020-03-31 00:35 - File error alert. Torrent: "ubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso". File: "C:\Program Files\qBittorrent\//FILESERVER12/Dloads/Free-Share-ware/LinuxApps/Ubuntu/18/ubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso". Reason: ubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso file_stat (C:\Program Files\qBittorrent\//FILESERVER12/Dloads/Free-Share-ware/LinuxApps/Ubuntu/18/ubuntu-18.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso) error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect