Suddenly download speed dropped significantly after upgrading to Win 10 Home

Windows specific questions, problems.
addams1992

Suddenly download speed dropped significantly after upgrading to Win 10 Home

Post by addams1992 »

Hello everyone,

I am using Qbittorrent for several years now but during the last weekend i have upgraded to Win 10 Home from Win 7 Professional and i have realized that my download speed has been dropped significantly. I have fiber power 1000 Mbit/sec internet connection and on the Playstation it shows between 200 and 300 Mbps download speed but on Windows this is just 50 (upload and download as well). Maybe this is because the laptop has wireless connection but my real problem is that when i am downloading via Qbittorrent, the download speed stagnates on 6 Mbit/sec (i have tried with several torrent software, with different torrents) what is much much more lower then what was with the exact same settings on Windows 7 Pro. All the settings are the general ones, i have only modified the folder where i save the datas. The Windows key is original so this should not be an issue. I have tried older versions (what i have used on Win 7) of Qbittorrent, but it did not help to solve the problem.

Do you have any advice what to do and how to setup the settings? Is it possible that windows is limiting the bandwidth? I have checked several sites before but non of them helped me (those told me to change the port number, check port forwarding on/off, change the number of the maximum number of the connections).

Of course, the limits have not been set in the Qbittorrent settings.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Stay healthy and i wish you the best!

Ádám
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suddenly download speed dropped significantly after upgrading to Win 10 Home

Post by Nemo »

Welcome,

Remove v4.2.3 and install v4.2.4. This issue should be fixed after that. There was not something working right within the cache system of v4.2.3 (libtorrent issue).
addams1992

Re: Suddenly download speed dropped significantly after upgrading to Win 10 Home

Post by addams1992 »

Hello,

Thank you a lot for the tip, i will check as soon as i can. I will reply if this has really solved my issue or not.

Thanks!

Ádám