torrent pro's, im almost there - last few connection settings help

Windows specific questions, problems.
klepp0906

torrent pro's, im almost there - last few connection settings help

Post by klepp0906 »

So ive put a stupid amount of money into storage and torrenting has become a much higher priority than it used to be.

I have symmetrical gigabit and a lot of fast mechanical hard drives. (10tb barracuda pros)

I've set my cache to 4096

I've limited my upload and download which is ~950mbps to 700 MiBs or 89600 KiBs. Probably overkill, but download speed is already faster than I need, and ive never ever seen a fraction of that upload used. (usually like 10 MiBs which is part of my concern)

I'm pretty much left with the connections limits settings that im struggling to understand. I'm on a private tracker 99.99% of the time and as such, seeding performance is my priority, but I certainly want something that wont need changing dependent on venue or use case so to speak. Looking for a set it and forget it. I download large torrents ranging from 30gb to a few hundred gb and only have 100-200 max going at any given time.

Global max connections is set to 700 to provide 128KiB per slot
Maximum number of connections per torrent is set to 70 (just cause)
Global maximum number of upload slots is set to 700 (purely due to seeing the few people posting about gigabit settings matching this to global max)
Maximum numbe of upload slots per torrent is set to 70 (assuaging my ocd for neatness. i have no idea how it relates to the others)

I know this is beaten to death, but usually with minimal answers or relative to much slower connections.

If anyone's feeling really generous
512 watermark
16 low watermark
50 factor

I have no idea on these, generally ive seen people increase them but without knowing i was super conservative (plus if it isnt obvious, my ocd compels me to keep the data in multiples of 16 lol)