Latest stable is not stable

Windows specific questions, problems.
MadeUpName87465

Latest stable is not stable

Post by MadeUpName87465 »

I just tried 4.2.5., OMG what a mess.

There are so many obvious broken things I've come to the conclusion that if you aren't already aware of them all then it's useless trying to explain them.

What I can't understand is why you labeled it "Stable". My definition of "Stable" is "it all works and nothing is broken".

That said, can anyone tell me what the latest version with "everything actually working" is and if there's any advantage to updating to it from 3.3.7?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Latest stable is not stable

Post by Peter »

Uhm, could you be more specific about what's not working?
I am running latest without any issues.
MadeUpName87465

Post by MadeUpName87465 »

Peter wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:35 pm Uhm, could you be more specific about what's not working?
I am running latest without any issues.
I'm sorry but, your own sticky post says not to do that on these forums.

I would just like to know what the newest version other users of the software would recommend using on windows 10.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

No, we say that you should report BUGS on the Github tracker. (If they are not reported already.)
But the latest version should run just fine. I've been running the past few versions over ~20 computers through ~3 platforms, 2 architectures and not had a single issue. So of course I am curious what issues you ran into. Because they might just be easy-to-fix case(s) of misconfiguration for example.
GrimChaos

Post by GrimChaos »

Not the OP.
But the last version that worked well for me was 4.2.0. The versions after that would take minutes to boot up.

I reformatted my computer recently, so I got the latest version, 4.2.5 (haven't tried that one on the old system)
Now it boots fine, but magnet links don't connect unless I restart the client.

and... not a bug or anything... but for whatever reason I miss the # column.
Robolov

Post by Robolov »

For the # column thingy, I think it might be because you have queueing disabled. Enabling it (you can put -1 as a value to queue infinite torrents) should give you the option to show # column when right-clicking on the columns.

As for the magnet links, it seems like you're not the only one having this issue. I personally don't have it, so could you please make a GitHub bug report if there isn't already one with the same configuration as you?
GrimChaos

Post by GrimChaos »

Robolov, you were right about the # thingy. Thanks!