qB closes unexpected (Win7/10, 32b/64bit)

Windows specific questions, problems.
lucasville

qB closes unexpected (Win7/10, 32b/64bit)

Post by lucasville »

Hello.
I need some technical help. I've switched from uTorrent 2.2.1 to qBittorent because I want working Sonarr.
But I have major problem, because my qBittorent closes unexpected after random (unidentified time) - my computer is working 24h. Icon in tray is still there, but when I put my mouse on it, it disappears (qBittorent is closed for a long time I suppose).

This problem existed at Windows 7 and still exist in Windows 10. I've tried 32-bit and 64-bit version of qBittorent and the problem is the same.

Is there any way to check what is wrong?
NewQBTuser

Re: qB closes unexpected (Win7/10, 32b/64bit)

Post by NewQBTuser »

Hi,

Like yourself, I am a renegade uT 2.2.1 user - I just installed QBT a few hours ago, and had the exact same problem.
After a random period of time, the QBT would just vanish without a trace.
Sometimes it would do it while I was in an Options screen too. It did not matter where the app was or what was happening.
It seemed to happen somewhat quickly, and would rarely run for more than 5-10 minutes.
I had a quick scan of this forum, and couldn't find anything other than your post, and I was about to give up on QBT.

Before chucking in the towel, I did a few things and one of them seemed to work, so this might help you too.
In [Options][Behaviour]
-[Desktop] turn off "Confirmation on auto-exit when downloads finish"
-[Check for program updates] turned off
-[Power Management] I turned off both options to Inhibit Sleep (my machine is "always On" and only Blanks/turns-off the screen - it is also on a UPS)
-[Log file] turned off (it wasn't saving any details as to why it was vanishing anyway)

Since doing the above, QBT has been running for about 3 hours now and has gone through a few "Screen" blank/power-save cycles, in various states (QBT open, minimised, iconised) so here's hoping it keeps running.

One things that is a little strange about my setup, is that my %AppData%\User and \Windows\Temp directories are on a persistent ram drive with Junctions in \User to the ram drive.

Hopefully, the above will help you somewhat.