Seeds "jump" to downloads

Windows specific questions, problems.
nekchris

Seeds "jump" to downloads

Post by nekchris »

I am so sick of this happening...out of nowhere all of my completely downloaded torrents which are nicely seeding "jump" over to the download queue. What can I do?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Seeds "jump" to downloads

Post by Peter »

Hmm... do you see anything in the tracker tab when that happens? Log shows anything? % drops?
nekchris

Post by nekchris »

I don't really see it happen in that I am not looking at that exact moment. Just the next time I look they have all jumped. I have 2 tracker tabs, I don't know where the log is and I don't know what any of that means nor what %drop means. I am not new, it is just I have never had a problem that required me to know what all the other stuff on the screen means ???
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Log: Click View -> Log -> Show
Then you can see an "Execution Log" tab on the top.
See if there is anything new there when this happens.

Tracker: Click an affected torrent, click Trackers at bottom, then see/read "Status" column. It should tell you what's wrong with it.

%: See if "Done" % is still 100% and it didn't go below, like 99.9%.
Ie.: Anti-virus software can remove AND keep removing files like cracks or anything suspected and thus the client will try to re-download the parts. And it will. And the anti-virus will delete it again. And... again and again.
nekchris

Post by nekchris »

In the Execution Log it shows how all the seeding torrents were "successfully moved" at 1:13. Plus the torrents I just added to download were "successfully moved". It also shows at 4:10 a bunch of IP addresses with "successfully listening".

Under "status" there are 3 lines of "disabled" and 2 lines of "not contacted yet"

For "done %" all 169 torrents say "0"
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Status: Basically it's a private tracker and it has not contacted trackers yet at all. Check later this later.

Done%: Soo how were you seeding with 0% progress on 169 torrents?
I am a bit lost I must admit...
nekchris

Post by nekchris »

Weirdly enough I was seeding them just fine and had NO seeding reminders until this happened. As I said, this has happened before (well, only using your program, I have never had it happen with others and have 20 years experience). So I have just deleted them all and went about my business, but now I am down to a 1.035 ratio and that's not good. Especially when it happened to so many.
nekchris

Post by nekchris »

Is there anyway to "move" the 169 torrents back over to seeding?