qBittorrent Deleting .torrent files when added to client

Windows specific questions, problems.
leetuser

qBittorrent Deleting .torrent files when added to client

Post by leetuser »

I ran into a problem when setting up a watched folder. I'm not sure if this is meant to be normal functionality or not, but it's messed me up a couple times now.

When I set a watched folder (e.g. C:\Torrents), the client adds all the .torrent files in the folder, but when I go back to the folder everything is gone. The files will continue to seed, but now I am left without my original files. What if I need to reinstall or switch to a new OS? Is there anyway to recover the original .torrent files from my client without downloading them again from the trackers? I've looked through the settings exhaustively, but can not figure out how to fix this. Is this a bug? I don't understand how it is helpful to remove .torrent files once they are added to your client.

So right now as a result of setting a watch folder, I now have torrents being seeded that I do not have a .torrent file anyplace on my system that I know about. Are these files being held someplace by the system? I would really love to be able to access and make a copy of them just in case I end up needing to reinstall windows down the road.