Missing, deleted torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
snakyjake

Missing, deleted torrents

Post by snakyjake »

I am missing a lot (not all) of the torrent information in the GUI.

This is a huge problem, especially if I used magnets and don't have the .torrent file.

This problem can also go unnoticed for a long time. I didn't notice the problem until I saw that I had really low total/all torrent counts in the GUI.

Possible Causes:
  • QBT application crash
    Out of disk space
    ??
Are there any settings that I can change to prevent this problem?
Is there a way to backup the QBT metadata?

QBT v4.2.5
Windows 7

Thanks in advance
Gripweed107

Re: Missing, deleted torrents

Post by Gripweed107 »

snakyjake wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:08 pm I am missing a lot (not all) of the torrent information in the GUI
What does this mean? Are you just missing the information about a torrent? If so, what information?
Or, as your header says, you have missing and/or deleted torrents? Just .torrent files or their downloads or both?
Those are two different things.

How about providing screenshots or logs or even a better explanation of what your problem is.

The first thought that comes to my head when someone says (unexpected) deleted torrents is check to see your Seeding Limits and whether it is set to "Remove torrent and its files." But I'm not even sure that is your problem with the information you've given so far.
snakyjake

Re: Missing, deleted torrents

Post by snakyjake »

I am missing the metadata for the torrent within QBT. I have the .torrent file and payload on the drive.

No actions selected when seeding limit is reached.

Thank you.