qBittorrent path name mismatch with torrent name

Windows specific questions, problems.
shoogo

qBittorrent path name mismatch with torrent name

Post by shoogo »

Hello, I'm having an issue with a Sonarr/Radarr setup, with qBittorrent.
Please note the difference between rartv and rarbg below.

Environment:
Windows 10
qBittorrent v4.3.0.1 (64-bit)
Sonar v2.0.0.5344 and Radarr installed as a service.
(qbt, sonarr, and radarr are all installed on the same PC)

Scenario:
Sonarr pushes torrent file from my indexers to qBt.
Torrent File name is: "filename[rartv]"
qBt picks up torrent file, and downloads.
qBt moves completed download to destination path
Folder name is: "\\servername\Plex\downloads\filename[rarbg]\"
Sonarr attempt to migrate the completed file from "\\servername\Plex\downloads\filename[rartv]\" which doesn't exist.

Expected result:
Either qBt uses the destination path with the same name as the torrent filename, or for it to detect the correct path.
Sonarr then picks up the downloaded file, and moves it to the correct directory for my Plex server.

Actual result:
Sonarr errors out, and offers manual import from the activity queue.
Manual import advises that there are no files in "downloads\filename[rartv]\" (which doesn't exist)
Sonarr logs advise "import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr" (referencing "\\servername\Plex\downloads\filename[rartv]\")
Manual import from Wanted section of Sonarr allows me to navigate to the correct folder ("\\servername\Plex\downloads\filename[rarbg]\"), and imports successfully.

Attempted troubleshooting all with the same torrent file:
1) Reinstalled qBt with default Saving Management settings (only changed save path) - Same issue
2) Changed save path to local C:/ - Same issue
3) Tried uTorrent (torrent download speed %70 of what qBt achieved) - Same issue
4) Tried Transmission (Torrent speed 10% of qBt speed) - Worked! Yes! speed is really an issue though.
5) Tried mapping \\servername to Z:/ - Same issue
6) Tried Unchecking "Keep top-level folder" - Sonarr wouldn't even find the file
7) Tried Automatic Torrent management mode - Sonarr wouldn't find the file either.

Is this intended? Is there a way to fix this in settings? I'm a bit stuck, and would definitely prefer using qBittorrent over Transmission if I can fix this issue.
Hoping someone can help!
shoogo

Re: qBittorrent path name mismatch with torrent name

Post by shoogo »

Update to above: Please help!

TL:DR - Is there some way in qBt to make torrents get saved into a folder with the same name as the torrent title?

More troubleshooting indicates that qBt is not saving completed downloads into a created folder. It saves the torrent contents only regardless of settings.

Either:

1) If "Keep top-level folder" checked - Multi file torrents get saved with the top level folder from within the torrent file, which could be a different name to the torrent name.
2) If unchecked - multi file torrents get saved all in the downloads destination, with no folder to group them
3) Single file torrents get saved in the downloads destination with no folder, regardless of the setting of "Keep top-level folder"

Example:
Torrent name: "LetThisWorkPlease"
Torrent contents: Folder called "DifferentToName", containing file called "ThisIsntWorking.avi"

qBt saves the above as either:
"\\servername\Plex\downloads\DifferentToName\ThisIsntWorking.avi"
or
""\\servername\Plex\downloads\ThisIsntWorking.avi"

Sonarr is expecting either:
"\\servername\Plex\downloads\LetThisWorkPlease\ThisIsntWorking.avi"
or possibly
"\\servername\Plex\downloads\LetThisWorkPlease\DifferentToName\ThisIsntWorking.avi" (though this might not work)

In previous versions of qBt, I believe the setting "create subfolder for torrents with multiple files" would resolve this issue.
However, in my version (qBittorrent v4.3.0.1 (64-bit)), this setting has been replaced with "Keep top-level folder", which does not resolve the issue.

Is there some way in qBt to make torrents get saved into a folder with the same name as the torrent title?
shoogo

Post by shoogo »

To those also having this issue:

As of 25/10/2020 (latest version qBt v4.3.0.1), Sonarr automatic import does not work with qBittorrent.

See outstanding issue - https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7748
- The same issue occurs for multifile torrents.
- Would be solved by adding functionality to force creation of a parent directory using the name of the torrent

I guess I'll keep checking for updates.
FranciscoPombal

Post by FranciscoPombal »

See https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/13389. Some issues were raised which are being worked on, also on the Sonarr/Radarr side.
shoogo

Post by shoogo »

Thanks for link - will keep an eye on it.

Looks like https://www.reddit.com/r/sonarr/comment ... _than_425/ suggests only current work around is to downgrade to v4.2.5.

I'll try that later :)
shoogo

Post by shoogo »

Work around confirmed:

Downloaded qBittorrent v4.2.5 - working first try, no issues.