IP leak with VPN running

Windows specific questions, problems.
Saburo

IP leak with VPN running

Post by Saburo »

I began using a Windows-based VPN program with QBittorrent (v4.2.2) earlier this year. I had no issues until a few weeks ago when I discovered both VPN and ISP IP numbers were being revealed via QBT. A friend said to change the Network interface from "Any interface" to my specific VPN in the dropdown menu.

This solved the issue of multiple IP numbers being leaked. However I then noticed connectivity issues, specifically with private tracker torrents. It feels like I can only connect/reseed when changing this setting back to "Any interface."

FWIW I thought this was a VPN issue all along but realize it all stems from QBT. Is there another setting I should pay attention to? It sure feels like this multiple IP leak just began this month. Is there something else I can do in addition to changing the Network interface setting? Thanks for any suggestions.
FranciscoPombal

Re: IP leak with VPN running

Post by FranciscoPombal »

Saburo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 pm This solved the issue of multiple IP numbers being leaked. However I then noticed connectivity issues, specifically with private tracker torrents. It feels like I can only connect/reseed when changing this setting back to "Any interface."
Could be an issue with those private trackers. Maybe they don't allow VPNs, maybe their users are blocking VPN IPs (unlikely to happen on a large scale, but still), etc.
Saburo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 pm FWIW I thought this was a VPN issue all along but realize it all stems from QBT.
Works on my machine.
Saburo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:32 pm Is there another setting I should pay attention to? It sure feels like this multiple IP leak just began this month. Is there something else I can do in addition to changing the Network interface setting? Thanks for any suggestions.
On the qBittorrent side: Optional IP address to bind to - set it to the VPN's IP. On the VPN side - VPN port forwarding might help (all popular providers have some kind of config for this).