Will qbittorrrent use all available connections even with VPN on?

Windows specific questions, problems.
iamnoob

Will qbittorrrent use all available connections even with VPN on?

Post by iamnoob »

I use VPN software (vpn.ac is the vpn provider) for my Win 10 PC. The PC is only connected to the network via one ethernet connection. I had the VPN on (connected to a US-based server) with qbittorrent running and got a notice from my ISP listing my real IP address. I don't have any indication the connection dropped during that time.

So here is my stupid question: if qbittorrent is set to use any network interface in the advanced settings is there a possibility it can use my real IP connection + my VPN connection? I always thought if the VPN is on all connections on the PC have to go through the VPN. I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it so this doesn't happen in the future. Things I have done:

1. Changed qbittorrent to only use the VPN connection under the "advanced-network interface" setting. Turned my VPN on/off and qbittorrent responded in kind.
2. Limit my connections to non-US countries. The notice was on a file that was on my qbitorrent list less than 2 hours. I am thinking there is an automated bot that might have queried the VPN service I use who gave up my IP address.