Is it a feature or a bug?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Lucky8Luc

Is it a feature or a bug?

Post by Lucky8Luc »

My qbittorrent takes the whole network down (I can no longer netflix or even browse webpages anymore) One cause may be that I have too many open connections. Research pointed out to me that I can control the amount of open connections in qbittorrent by decreasing the numbers in the options/connections settings. However strangely enough, it seems to me like this is not performing as I expect it.
In the connection limits I have the numbers 10, 2, 2, 1 but still I have 4-5 torrents seeding
Annotation 2021-01-02 123033.jpg
Annotation 2021-01-02 123033.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 965 times
I have also set the limits to apply to the utp protocol.

What do I do wrong? From my configuration, I would assume 2 torrents are allowed to be uploaded to 1 downloader each, and I am allowed to download 5-10 torrents minus the uploading torrents. Still my home network comes to almost a standstill and the number of uploads seems to be a lot higher than what I have set in my configuration.

My limits are set like this to have a "balance" between uploading and downloading (as downloads go fast timewise, and the uploads/seeding times are a multiple from the downloads)

Should I submit this to the bugforum?
Lucky8Luc

Re: Is it a feature or a bug?

Post by Lucky8Luc »

Before I forget, I am using:
Windows 10
Qbittorrent 4.3.2
Technicolor 7200 modem/wifi router (but using it via ethernet)
network DOCSIS 3.0 - 25 up/250 down
Lucky8Luc

Re: Is it a feature or a bug?

Post by Lucky8Luc »

I withdraw th question. SInce 4.3.3 I no longer have this problem.