qbittorrent uninstalls itself when I run it.

Windows specific questions, problems.
knightowltoo

qbittorrent uninstalls itself when I run it.

Post by knightowltoo »

qBittorrent uninstalls itself any time I try to run it now on my windows 10 machine. No explanation, no notice, the icon appears in the tray just long enough for it to uninstall from my machine. Tried re-downloading the latest version, it installs, and as soon as I run it un-installs itself again. Any suggestions what could be going on? Could it be the last windows update? I've switched to µtorrent for now, but I do like qBittorrent better. Thank you.
busthead

Re: qbittorrent uninstalls itself when I run it.

Post by busthead »

This may be another symptom of qBittorrent being infected with malware.

Check the logs and quarantine of your anti-malware solution and see if you can find any entries related to C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe

If possible, reinstall qBittorrent, do not run/start qBittorrent, run the following from the command prompt, and post the results here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent>fciv -md5 qbittorrent.exe
nl255

Post by nl255 »

busthead wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 am This may be another symptom of qBittorrent being infected with malware.

Check the logs and quarantine of your anti-malware solution and see if you can find any entries related to C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe

If possible, reinstall qBittorrent, do not run/start qBittorrent, run the following from the command prompt, and post the results here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent>fciv -md5 qbittorrent.exe
While that is possible, it looks like Microsoft considers qbittorrent to be malware. Specifically a pup/pua (i.e. spyware) program.
busthead

Post by busthead »

I concur.

It turned out that that the one or more of the torrents I was downloading, not qBittorent itself, was responsible for the malware alerts generated on my systems/network.