Re-checking of all torrents after downgrading a version

Windows specific questions, problems.
usename1125

Re-checking of all torrents after downgrading a version

Post by usename1125 »

So i've updated qbittorrent from version 4.1.7 to 4.3.3. Upon launching the newest version, the first thing to catch my eye was the changed interface, specifically the increased margin of rows which results in an area of empty space around each one of them. I suspect the font has been changed as well, something felt off about it, but that might be just my eyes playing tricks on me. Overall i found this new look too "floaty" and hard to work with as opposed to closely stacked together rows of 4.1.7. Having failed to locate any option to change the interface back to how it looked before, i've decided to downgrade qbittorrent and installed 4.1.7 over 4.3.3. Upon launching it again, i was greeted by a familiar interface, but was appalled to see that all my 1000+ torrents, terabytes of data, now had "Checking" status. Why is it that when i installed the newer version this did not happen and all my torrents resumed as usual, but after installing older version it needs to re-check everything and is there any way to prevent such behavior?
MP13

Re: Re-checking of all torrents after downgrading a version

Post by MP13 »

I'm having the same issue as well, I had installed 4.3.3 from 4.1.5 but some of the new behavior is extremely inconvenient for my use. I tried downgrading back to 4.1.5 and it wanted to recheck just about every completed and seeding torrent.

Please someone at qBit advise how we can downgrade back to older versions. At the very least in one of the next versions upcoming provide the framework for downgrading (ie in the 4.3.4.2 release make it possible to downgrade)
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re-checking of all torrents after downgrading a version

Post by Fuga »

Yep, been bitten by this, too. Didn't use to happen but started with v4?