Vanished torrent data, nothing in BT_backup – possible to restore? Important

Windows specific questions, problems.
GilbertGuldlock

Vanished torrent data, nothing in BT_backup – possible to restore? Important

Post by GilbertGuldlock »

One set of torrent data has mysteriously gone missing – but the files remain. I have deletion confirmation activated in Qtorrent, I never delete anything anyway, and I'm the only one who operates the computer, so it's unlikely a handling error.

I do have the magnet link, but since I was pretty much the only one seeding there's no-one to get the full torrent data from and get it back up and running.

If I cannot get this fixed, a piece of highly valued classic software might be gone forever, since it's the only one in public existence. The files' integrity might be compromised, so the original torrent is of great importance to check that.

I have looked in the BT_backup catalogue and none of the files there match my missing torrent. The loss probably happened several months ago judging by missing log entries for that torrent, so a data recovery scan will not be fruitful.

Is there any other way I can get the torrent data back through some temp or cache file that remains, or something like that?

I use version 4.1.1 on Windows XP SP3. QT 5.6.3. Libtorrent 1.1.7.0. Boost 1.67.0.