Qbittorrent V4.3.4.1 issue

Windows specific questions, problems.
Sindweller

Qbittorrent V4.3.4.1 issue

Post by Sindweller »

Hello, so since yesterday, my qBittorrent (currently v4.3.3) has been prompting an update for v4.3.4.1, so I clicked yes to update, and was directed to the website from the application to download the new version. Once downloaded and upon running the installer, my windows defender has detected a trojan associated with the file.

According to the official website, v4.3.4.1 does not exist yet, and the latest version is 4.3.4, but the link that opens from the update prompt in qBittorent has a v4.3.4.1, the one my anti virus found a threat.

I have taken 3 screenshots for reference, and my client continue to prompt for v4.3.4.1
qbit1.png
qbit1.png (217.8 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
qbit2.png
qbit2.png (274.12 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
qbit3.png
qbit3.png (22.66 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

Appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Thank you very much!
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qbittorrent V4.3.4.1 issue

Post by Nemo »

v4.3.4.1 is an official release fixing the webui problem that v4.3.4 had.

You can ignore Windows Defender, its acting weird again. I've seen similiar reports with different clients lately.
Sindweller

Post by Sindweller »

Nemo wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm v4.3.4.1 is an official release fixing the webui problem that v4.3.4 had.

You can ignore Windows Defender, its acting weird again. I've seen similiar reports with different clients lately.
Thank you very much for the response and support.

Much appreicated.
samlarsoonn

Post by samlarsoonn »

v4.3.4.1 is an official release fixing the webui problem that v4.3.4 had.

agreed
you can just add Qbittorrent to the list of its exclusion