Qbittorrent disappeared

Windows specific questions, problems.
downloader2358932

Qbittorrent disappeared

Post by downloader2358932 »

I'm using a relatively new computer problem-free but somehow today qBittorrent is no longer on it...also this strange white box appeared on my desktop (screen capture attached)...I ran a full scan by the free version of Avira Antivirus and nothing came up...what is going on? (No one else touches this computer, and no other apps seem to be affected.)
Attachments
strange image on desktop.png
strange image on desktop.png (446.52 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qbittorrent disappeared

Post by Peter »

downloader2358932 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 am I'm using a relatively new computer problem-free but somehow today qBittorrent is no longer on it....
It's a "thing" now, Microsoft marked qBittorrent as a "PUA" (potentially unwanted software) and removed / disabled it. You can just grab the latest version, reinstall it and you'll be back where you were with all your files and settings intact.
whatdoctor

Re: Qbittorrent disappeared

Post by whatdoctor »

I have been having this issue for several releases of QBittorrent now. I got so fed up with trying to find a way to overcome it (Antivirus removing the software) that I now just have a shortcut to the install on my desktop.
This will allow me to run the application for long enough to download anything I want. Periodically, it will get removed - so, if you are sharing files for others, this is not really a workable solution.
I guess you could have your own batch file that silently runs the install and schedule that to run in scheduler periodically. If it were still running, the install would fail - so that is ideal.