qBittorrent themes not applying

Windows specific questions, problems.
mjw72652

qBittorrent themes not applying

Post by mjw72652 »

I have two HP laptops with qBittorrent 4.3.4.1 installed, both running the latest version of Windows 10 with all updates installed. One has 16G memory, the other 8. I downloaded and installed the dark theme pack from Github on both, and placed it in the qBittorrent directory in program files on both. The 16G laptop applies all the dark themes properly, and I can change and restart the program and all themes work fine. On the 8G laptop, none of the themes will apply or change. i can't see any difference between the two mahines. Does anyone have a clue as to why one works but the other doesn't. qBittorrent works perfectly on both, I just can't switch to a dark theme on one.
FahKingNut

Re: qBittorrent themes not applying

Post by FahKingNut »

I've got the same issue, but from a different trail of events.

After using qBittorrent for over a year, adding the one of the popular dark themes, things have been pretty care free.

Late on March 31st/early April 1st, a particularly large download had finished, it moved to the assigned location flawlessly, then suddenly EVERY OTHER DOWNLOAD STOPPED AND ONLY UPLOADED!

Didn't matter if it was an old or new one, zero download, max speed uploads, some ramping up to 12.1 MiB.

I halted those, tried some random download. Over 1000 seeds, zero connects. Odd.

I tried every trick I could think of and finally started doing uninstalls, clean up the REG, reboot, reinstall, and the same thing kept happening, but now the dark themes would no longer work.

I've uninstalled, purged everything I could find, even the firewall settings, purged all downloads and files there, then stepped back to v4.3.4 and got some normal functionality, but still no dark themes.

I'm not so much a newb as I've just forgotten more tech than I remember given that I cut my teeth coding on a C-64. So maybe I'm missing something obvious or simple, but I didn't have any new software or updates when this went apeshit, so I'm worried I've got something deeper and more troubling on hand.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
FahKingNut

Re: qBittorrent themes not applying

Post by FahKingNut »

Okay, this is getting super weird.

I stepped back to v4.3.4 and after several installs and uninstalls, cleanings inbetween (reg, logs, anything I could find) it started working again, but still wouldn't load a dark theme even though it was selected.

Did a few downloads, went about my day, then popped back to see what was going on and BAM! It updated to v4.3.4.1 and loaded the dark theme all by itself, and now its back to uploading ONLY, even if there are 75 seeds and just 3 peer.

I'm stumped.

I've run multiple virus sweeps as well, nothing to be found.

This is starting to feel like some bad April Fools prank.