Using VPN connections only, things get stalled

Windows specific questions, problems.
XanderHunt

Using VPN connections only, things get stalled

Post by XanderHunt »

Hey there;

First post, and I understand that I might have to post a bug, but I'm not quite sure yet. Might be just a user glitch.

My setup is that I have QBT setup to connect only via a specific NIC under Windows 10. I'm running a VPN setup that automatically reconnects if something happens. I'm also running QBT headless, so to speak, where it runs in a VM on a server in my back room. I don't have eyes on the VM at all times.

What I'm finding is that if the VPN connection drops, QBT marks the torrent as stalled, which I guess is OK. However, once the VPN reconnects either by my hand or on its own, the torrent will not restart on its own, even if I force-download. I've attempted to stop, then restart the torrent itself, but same game. It just sits there saying its downloading, but, no traffic is happening (Either based on Task Managers network monitor, or, by the speed markers in QBT)

I have to restart QBT entirely for it to go, and when I do, the torrents pick up immediately and go to work doing the transfers.

My question is whether this is something expected, and I have a setting wrong, or, if this is indeed some kind of bug I've found?

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but, if its something to do with the NIC going bye-bye periodically and QBT can't resume working with the new connection to the VPN service, is there an option that can be put in that'll restart the client when no traffic has been seen after a period of time? It's kind of a bandaid thing, I realize, but, it's the only way I seem to be able to get the traffic going again.