Torrents running when disk runs out of space are frozen

Windows specific questions, problems.
DWoodhouse2

Torrents running when disk runs out of space are frozen

Post by DWoodhouse2 »

Hi,

I've noticed since a few months, that when torrents stall due to lack of disk space, the torrents become frozen and up/downloads stop (after fixing the disk space issue).
After freeing up space after the stall, and restarting the clients, the torrents remain frozen (they say resumed but no traffic starts) and give no errors in the log
Rechecking the torrent does not fix this.

I've only found 2 workarounds:
- Switching to V4.0.0, rechecking and starting the torrents, and then switching back to the newest version (and then waiting a night before every torrent is rechecked)
or
- Removing the torrent, moving the data with the incomplete stuff elsewhere, readding the torrent, moving the data back and then rechecking (also an issue since there is no indication which torrents are bugged out like this and which are just lacking sources)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrents running when disk runs out of space are frozen

Post by Nemo »

You can see how much free space you have yourself on your HDD/SSD, why download something when you're low on space im wondering? Of course qBittorrent is stopping any activity. Downloading something when you know you have the space seems much more logical to me.
DWoodhouse2

Re: Torrents running when disk runs out of space are frozen

Post by DWoodhouse2 »

Yes, but it isn't the first time that Qbit eats 140g of space, all torrents freeze, and after restarting qbit empties the padding/caching/whatever it uses it for and suddenly there's like 80gb left again.

What is causing qbittorrent to keep torrents frozen AFTER resolving the diskspace issue? is this a bug? Is there a way to restart stalled torrents other than my 2 workarounds?

(It is qbittorrent related; i've tested it with several high-peer torrents. After they stall due to no diskspace, they never restart even if there is enough disk space left, even after rechecking/restarting the client/disconnecting the drive)