Please correct issue with moving files in 4.3.3+

Windows specific questions, problems.
MP13

Please correct issue with moving files in 4.3.3+

Post by MP13 »

I had been previously using version 4.1.5 for a long time with no issues. I made the mistake of upgrading to 4.3.3 because I was having some memory leak issues that I had attributed to qBit but turned out to be another application entirely.

I am constantly moving files between drives, sometimes TBs at a time. I have had bad experiences moving files within the qBit program using the "Set Location" function from everything from the system hanging to torrent files being corrupted to some files not being transferred at all, etc etc.

What has been far more reliable for me is to use a third party software to move the files between drives and once the file transfer has been completed externally to then point the torrent to the new location of the files.

In version 4.1.5 this works perfectly. Whatever state the torrent was in before the files were moved (paused/completed/seeding without any activity), it will stay in that state just with the new location. However with version 4.3.3 when you point qBit to the new location, it will automatically begin rechecking files. 4.3.4.1 is even worse in that it will result in the file stopping at 0% and a force recheck needing to be applied

This would be fine if it were just a handful of files but TBs at a time it is putting a huge amount of unnecessary wear and tear on my drives. I will also sometimes check files on an SSD and then transfer them to an HDD to avoid wear and tear but again in this scenario it will check all the files twice so this is no longer possible either.

Please revert back to the behavior of 4.1.5 that if the files have already been moved outside of qBit, qBit will keep the same state on the torrent once the new location has been provided. At the very least please provide users an option to avoid recheck of the files in upcoming versions