Help in Seeding

Windows specific questions, problems.
micokeman

Help in Seeding

Post by micokeman »

Can anyone suggest how to go about seeding in order to keep torrents alive?

First of all, I am trying to determine the best way to know the health of a completed torrent. I hope to make as many of my completed torrents active as possible, but I desire to 'de-activate' the 'healthy' ones. It Is my understanding number of other 'seeders' out there is the second number indicated in the 'Seeds' column. For example '0 (2)'. Currently I am making any torrent that has '0 (2)' and less active.

Well, that method was working fine until the recent update. Not sure what changed, but now, my internet has come to a screeching halt, so I have to really pick and choose torrents to seed. I am not sure why that is happening. It may be because too many torrent are actually active, but I've had over 100 active before and it wasn't an issue. I am not really trying to fix this new issue, but rather get good settings (and not just 'unlimited' as they are set now).

So perhaps I am going about this all wrong... My end goal is to keep torrents alive. There are certain torrents (by the GRYM (Vonricht) trio) that make it a point to include the extras. Between the three of these posters, there are over 2500 torrents! Many of them have the extras (which I highly value), but I understand that many do not. As such, seeders are low. Sometimes non-existent! It is my desire to help others who want these torrents, but my question is 'How do I prioritize them?' Or can I set it so that once a torrent has seeded twice it pauses? Also, I cannot have only 100 active torrents because there are about 200 torrent s that are still 'downloading'. They may or may not ever actually complete. As I am typing this, a thought occurred to me... I do have the option of moving the incomplete torrents to run on another box, so having more than one box is an option.

Anyway, thank you to anyone who can help me with this dilemma!