[REQ] Is there a way to add new torrents (with new Trackers) to an existing torrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
DeathStalker

[REQ] Is there a way to add new torrents (with new Trackers) to an existing torrent

Post by DeathStalker »

I keep getting the "{Title} is already in the transfer list. Trackers haven't been merged because it is a private torrent" It's often MUCH easier to merge existing trackers to an existing torrent from a new torrent source to cross-seed. There are many times when the hash is EXACTLY the same and I can add it to the EXISTING private torrent - I have many that are like that - uTorrent 2.2.1 had NO issue with this.

When you have a torrent for a file already in the tracker WITH THE SAME HASH - you have no way of getting the new tracker out of the torrent file except to open the Torrent file in Notepad, manually copy the tracker announce URL, then manually edit the Tracker list of the existing entry.

Can this be changed in a future release?

Thank you VERY much! :)

--- DS
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: [REQ] Is there a way to add new torrents (with new Trackers) to an existing torrent

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

Cross seeding by adding tracker to a multiple torrent is very dangerous on an private tracker. Depending the configuration (update all or one tracker only for example) you may be banned for cheating (wrong info sent to the tracker update). My personal advice: recreate the torrent with a different piece size and add it separately. A bit more work but with that and a "force recheck" you're safe.