Errored: There's not enough space on disk.

Windows specific questions, problems.
deanroe1992

Errored: There's not enough space on disk.

Post by deanroe1992 »

Keep getting this error: Errored: There's not enough space on disk. when downloading to my normal local disk. I have over 400Gb of free space and the only way to finish a download is to force resume many times.

Any one else have this problem?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Errored: There's not enough space on disk.

Post by Peter »

Hmm, if you reinstall your PC, you might need to fix permissions on other storage devices (external, other internal drives).
Where are you trying to download? On the C: / reformatted drive?

Check the qBittorrent log as well.
Click View on top, Log -> Show. Then Execution Log on top and see what it says.

You can also click the affected torrent and I think the General tab on the bottom tells you more about the error.
(Basically I am interested in where the error occurs - like which drive, location.)
Insomniaklol

Re: Errored: There's not enough space on disk.

Post by Insomniaklol »

Hello,

I'm not the OP but I have the same issue. I'm posting in this thread to avoid multiple thread of the same issue.

I tried downloading different torrents of different size (4GB to 120GB) from different trackers on different 4 disks (200 to 500Go of free space on each disks) And I always get this error :

Code: Select all

There's not enough space on disk. Torrent is currently in "upload only" mode.
With an I/O Error notification on windows

The last 4 entries in the logs are :

Code: Select all

26.06.2021 01:02 - 'Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR' restauré.
26.06.2021 01:02 - Alerte d'erreur fichier. Torrent : "Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR". Fichier : "E:\Séries, Films\Films\Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR\Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR.mkv". Motif : Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR mkdir (E:\Séries, Films\Films\Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR\Whiplash.2014.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.REMUX-FraMeSToR.mkv) error: Accès refusé
26.06.2021 01:02 - UPnP/NAT-PMP : impossible de rediriger le port, message : could not map port using UPnP: The port mapping entry specified conflicts with a mapping assigned previously to another client
26.06.2021 01:02 - UPnP/NAT-PMP : impossible de rediriger le port, message : could not map port using UPnP: The port mapping entry specified conflicts with a mapping assigned previously to another client
I hope the french wording is not an issue!

I tried downloading the same torrent on uTorrent 2.2.1 and I have the same exact issue. So to see if there really is a disk space issue I tried installing some big games on each disks. No issue there, almost filled 200 Go on each disks with games.
I tested all my disks and they seems to be ok.

The only thing that changed on my PC since I downloaded a file via qBitorrent is a new Windows update.

I'm currently on Windows 10 version 21H1 Build 19043.1052
And my qBitorrent version is 4.3.5 (I tested the version 4.3.4.1 and 4.2.1 with the same result)

Let me know if you need more information !