About half of the torrents from the tracker that hangs the client open normally.
When the problem started, there were just over 2k torrents in the client, of which 740 were from the problem tracker. After removing 200 downloads from this tracker, new torrents that had previously froze the client began to be added normally, but after a while (when about 50 downloads were added from this tracker), the client began to freeze again.
I couldn't establish a pattern that allows predicting why some torrents add normally, and some do not.
I wrote about the problem on the tracker forum - all torrents are working. Also advised:
1) Remove in the tracker settings adding retracker to the torrent file
2) Remove the search for local peers in the client settings (it was already disabled)
3) Remove retracker in already running torrents
4) Do not add the torrent name to the name of the torrent file.
I've tested another 20 trackers (2 torrents from each) and 10 torrents from another tracker - everything starts without problems.
After a clean reinstallation (deleted settings, distributions, registry entries), all torrents from the problem tracker are added normally, without freezing the client.
OS: Windows 10 21H1 19043.1023
Client: qBittorrent 4.3.5
No VPN. PC connected to wi-fi router trough ethernet, portforwarded through a specific port in router settings, port is opened (2ip.ru port check), sticky dynamic IP-address if i correct (i've got personal external IP, which sometime changes after reconnection) though connection never been a problem.
Execution log always contains successful connection:
The downloaded files are located on three external HDDs:
Code: Select all
31.05.2021 14:24 - UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping successful, message: successfully mapped port using UPnP. external port: UDP/ 31.05.2021 14:24 - UPnP/NAT-PMP: Port mapping successful, message: successfully mapped port using UPnP. external port: TCP/ 31.05.2021 14:24 - Detected external IP: 31.05.2021 14:24 - Successfully listening on IP: ::1, port: UDP/ etc
2 x WD 10TB Elements - USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
Seagate Expansion Desktop 8TB - USB 2.0
The system was checked by the programs Cure It!, Kaspersky Free Virus Removal Tool, Malwarebytes. Kaspersky Security Cloud is also constantly running - nothing serious found.
I updated the client on May 9, the problem appeared on May 24, so it doesn't seem to be a client bug.
Screenshots of client settings in attached archive.