Not Connectable

Windows specific questions, problems.
newmy51

Not Connectable

Post by newmy51 »

Running qBittorrent 4.1.9 on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC connecting to a Linksys EA8300. I have forwarded my chosen port (between 10000 and 60000), created inbound and outbound firewall rules allowing TCP and UDP connections on that port, as well as giving qbittorrent.exe blanket firewall permissions to do whatever the hell it wants. I've checked and double checked my machine's local IP. UPnP is disabled. I've even disabled PeerBlock.

No.

Change.

Not connectable, not anywhere.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance,

-newmy51
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Not Connectable

Post by unseen19 »

At a first glance nothing, but other variables may come like restriction from your provider.

I would suggest:
- upgrade to the last QBT version to get rid of any libtorrent bugs
- Review the Win10 internal FW inbound rules: did you create an inbound rules based on port only, and for all profiles (domain/public/private)?
- Generally speaking outbound traffic is always allowed (on Win and public routers). Can you leave it to default?
- Inbound rules: some ISP limit the traffic, may you try inbound rules on 55000-55100?

What tells you a public website like

Code: Select all

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
about the reachability of the QBT port?
Be aware often a single port is picked from the range allowed, a local netstat will tells you.
newmy51

Re: Not Connectable

Post by newmy51 »

It's the ISP. The NAT is to blame. Asked for one of their public IPs for an extra $5/mo, waiting to hear back.