Good Trackers "Not Working"?

Windows specific questions, problems.
DeathStalker

Good Trackers "Not Working"?

Post by DeathStalker »

I decided to give qB another shot, since it's SO good at connecting. But......

I have this status on MANY torrents that I just imported from uT. They were just fine with uT, and there is no issue with the hash. Just that the tracker says "Not Working".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

--- DS

I should add that there ARE Working trackers for the same site with the SAME announce URL.
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Good Trackers "Not Working"?

Post by unseen19 »

Have you tried the tracker url directly in a browser? Without your passkey etc of course, juste the address. You shoulg get an HTTP200,301, or similar
Your ISP may be in the loop too, default DNS may block query to such site. Try to change your IPV4 and IPV6 DNS address, reboot, and test again.

For a DNS provider you can take Cloudflare, Google, or anything comparable
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Ok, it seems to have taken care of itself overnight :)

I think it would be a nice idea to have a TRACKER STATUS column (I know uT does) - that helps a LOT with tracker issues. (I didn't see a forum location to post suggestions).

Thanks!

--- DS
macaasa

Post by macaasa »

If it happens again you can install Jackett plugin as it supports 'a TRACKER STATUS'.

Also, I use NetSetMan 4.7.2 (there are newer but I prefer v4.x.x) to quick change my DNS (& IP sometimes). It has 6 configurations you can setup.

I need it because my ISP blocks a lot of content, not just torrents, but I also need my ISP's DNS to log into my account so NetSetMan is brilliant in that regard.

It also allows connections via mac addresses for when you have multiple SSID's - where the strongest signal isn't always the fastest connection.

Jacket screenshot (p1 of 5 - 140 trackers): https://ibb.co/7XypQSX
NetSetMan screen: https://ibb.co/M27bccW
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

I get the NOT WORKING from several known good trackers, but not on *every* torrent, just some. No rhyme or reason to it.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

No one has any ideas ?

It's getting to be a pain.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Still having this issue. You mean to tell me *no one* else has this issue? Or are you just not looking?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Might be related to this libtorrent issue?:
https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/4334
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

The actual libtorrent version is 1.2.14 with the 4.3.5 and 6 version. I didn't see report for such bug neither online nor on my setup.

What's your UI, it can help displaying the errors
- in the fat client you have in the tracker section the possibility to see any tracker problem.
- in the WebUI there is no such I think

The Fat client configured in advanced setting with "announce to all tiers" and "announce to all trackers" will so display more issues than UT if this last one is not configured to advertise the same way. May you check the settings in both so we can compare apples with apples?
Are both client configured for UTP and TCP?
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

I'm on 4.3.3 until I see more feedback on 4.3.6.

I have the "fat" (installer x64) client. I have the options you list checked, but I still see torrents listed, even on the same site where most are WORKING, listed as NOT WORKING - even when there is only the one tracker in the category and the announce URL is *exactly* the same.

--- DS