The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Error

Windows specific questions, problems.
AidenBartell

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Error

Post by AidenBartell »

Hello Friends,

I am getting the error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process", how can I get this issue resolved? Please let me know your thoughts!
AidenBartell

Re: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Error

Post by AidenBartell »

I was able to get the issue resolved from here. Thanks a lot.
Gripweed107

Re: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Error

Post by Gripweed107 »

So, you would rather randomly delete or disable programs until you stumble upon the one that is locking up your file? I'm sorry you had to go through that. There are at least 3 programs that I know of (only 1 is listed in the article I recommended) that will immediately tell you what program is locking up your file and offer to unlock it. Microsoft Sysinternals Process Explorer, LockHunter, and EMCO Unlock It.
BigBrotherrr

Post by BigBrotherrr »

I'm having the same issue. Looks like the process that's interfering with qBittorrent is explorer.exe, but it doesn't help. Sometimes I'm able to catch it using the methods described above, sometimes I can't see any interfering process at all. Killing the process doesn't fix the problem.