Settings for MAXX upload speed - are there any to use???

Windows specific questions, problems.
bribiewayne

Settings for MAXX upload speed - are there any to use???

Post by bribiewayne »

Can't see this question on forums, so will ask in case. Having used uTorrent for decades, I finally decided to try qBit. A few probs at first, but now my default torrent client.
I upload heaps of torrents to my seedbox, but have an upload speed problem here (7mbts/sec upload, gives me about 450 kb/s actual upload (that's in good times). Are there any settings I can use to make upload speed faster.
Being in Oz, our Government has limited the speed ISPs can use for uploads. I get 3mbs/sec download speed.
Hope there is a solution.
Love your program, wish I had found it sooner.
Thanks and take care, wayne
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Settings for MAXX upload speed - are there any to use???

Post by Peter »

Home seeding is always tough. You are literally fighting thousands of seedbox users who are way faster, have way better connectivity, and so on. It's pretty impossible to even combat that from a home connection.

I only found two ways:
- Build up a huge library of smaller torrents that are still downloaded here and there.
- Seed in a very hungry swarm - but this won't get you far, seedboxers will take your place super fast.

Honestly, if you are looking for ratio - just rent a box for a bit. Then you are settled forever.
Bittorrent is not kept alive by stat padding but actual seeding the downloaded stuff..