Cannot reset toolbar and window appearance to default

Windows specific questions, problems.
jorgemtrevino

Cannot reset toolbar and window appearance to default

Post by jorgemtrevino »

qBittorrent 4.3.7 Windows 10 Home Version 20H2.

Moving columns around I lost the "#" (queue order) column and also the queue buttons on the toolbar.

I have uninstalled qBittorrent, cleaned the leftovers with an uninstaller and deleted the %APPDATA%\qBittorrent and the %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent folders.
Then restarted and reinstaled all afresh. Also cleaned the registry with CCleaner.

No go! The queue column doesn't come back and neither do the buttons on the toolbar. Other than that irritating issue qBtt works as expected. Must be some garbage leftover in the registry. Any ideas how to solve this? If at all possible I'd prefer not to have to edit the registry but don't shy from it either if you can point me to the proper keys.

Please advise.

J.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cannot reset toolbar and window appearance to default

Post by Peter »

If you don't have torrent queueing enabled (Settings -> Bittorrent), then you don't have the # column.
That's all I guess.
jorgemtrevino

Post by jorgemtrevino »

Gee, Peter, I would have never found it it by myself! That certainly did it; thanks man! :D

What still puzzles me is that deleting the settings files --and even uninstalling with all the options marked to be removed didn't manage that. Where are those preferences stored that are not the %APPDATA% and %LOCALAPPDATA% folders that I obliterated along with the one corresponding to qBittorrent?

I was ready to go fishing in the registry for leftovers. You certainly saved me quite a lot of regediting.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

You removed the right files - this is a new behavior I suspect. I remember this causing a headache for people for years. So I suppose devs made "no queue" a default thing. So that's why if you reset and run the latest version - you end up with the same setup. Guess you are a more advanced user than the average Joe. :P