Continued Issues with qB - UPDATE!

Windows specific questions, problems.
DeathStalker

Continued Issues with qB - UPDATE!

Post by DeathStalker »

No, I'm not posting this on the Bug Tracker as it involves an older build (v4.3.3) - 4.3.6 CRASHED CONSTANTLY. I am hesitant to try 4.3.7.

The issue is that 4.3.3 HANGS CONSTANTLY - it doesn't CRASH, but it will go into NOT RESPONDING *constantly*. It puts my X99 system to a CRAWL - even just moving the mouse around is a challenge! - same # of torrents I had with uT 2.2.1 with NO similar issues (~1700) - usually no more than a dozen or so are active at any given time.

Is there ANY troubleshooting I can do for this? (any under the cover settings that can be adjusted?) CPU usage is always between 10%-20% and RAM ~3000MB.

As soon as I shut down qB, the system is perfectly fine.

--- DS

==========================

Ok, turns out it was a jakked install of NVIDIA. DDU seems to have resolved the problem (well at least it's running fine after the uninstall, re-boot, and re-install - fingers crossed).
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Continued Issues with qB - UPDATE!

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

I'm running it on a different platform, but certainly modest compared to your setup. The version 4.3.5, 6, and last 7 run fine so far I can tell.
At first glance your symptoms seems to be related to memory or disk congestion. Does it comes by time or is this directly when you open QBT?

Some hints:
#Memory: not only the consumed but the mapped memory too. Check rammap from sysinternal tools to give you an idea
#swap: used or not?
#cache: QBT config altered for the cache? Soemthign different if you play with the OS cache in the preferences?
#Disk: open resource monitor ("%windir%\system32\perfmon.exe /res") , go to the disk tab and under the blade "storage"what numbers are for the disk queue length column when the problem is there?
#With the AV turned off, does it change anything (inspection use memory and disk for big files)
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Let me see how things are with the CLEAN DDU uninstall/re-install of NVIDIA. qB seemed to be running ok, overnight, so NVIDIA jakked may indeed have been the problem. Will update again in a day or too :)

--- DS
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I won't complain because I had 1000x more problems with AMD GPUs, but at times I had issues with Nvidia too. Like the black screen one, where my screen will just blank for a few seconds then come back. When it was really bad, one time it happened during a fight in a game, now that was fun, lol. I still don't know what causes it, and it still comes back to this day. Google also has like soo many hits on it. Weird..
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

Tell me about it...on my current 1080 (old I know) I'm one of the rare people on earth (so far I look) having the screen stay off (no signal) once the power saving shut the video signal. It happened rarely but there was nothing possible than a shutdown so solve it.
It happens with NVIDIA 10x0 connected bu DP 1.2 for the few I found with similar problem, not brand related. There is a fix updating a FW on the card on the Nvidia website, hard to find w/o the link by the way :).

Anyway I updated to last Nvidia driver and no memory leak detected so far, but well a 2 sec blackscreen when switching from freesync game to desktop

(but all of that a bit off topic :D )