Looking forward to feedback on 4.3.8!!!!

Windows specific questions, problems.
DeathStalker

Looking forward to feedback on 4.3.8!!!!

Post by DeathStalker »

Just saw it was released. Don't see any posts on it yet. Still have high CPU/RAM issues with 4.3.3, and hesitant to go to 4.3.7 - hope issues have been resolved with the new 4.3.8.

Thanks!

--- DS
anaverageuser

Re: Looking forward to feedback on 4.3.8!!!!

Post by anaverageuser »

I saw the same increasing-memory-use issue which started with 4.3.7, so I'm back on 4.3.6.
Sorry, don't have the time to try more than once at the moment.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Are you SURE it only started wit h 4.3.6? I'm seeing it on 4.3.3!

Ex, OVERNIGHT, with ~1700 torrents, MEM Usage (Active Private Working Set) is up to 2,544,232K! Does that sound "normal"?

--- DS
anaverageuser

Post by anaverageuser »

I think there was a release a while back which I backed-out after trying it.
4.3.6 with 1000 +- torrents, ~400 in the seed queue. Memory use low and doesn't grow.
4.3.7 & 4.3.8 steadily use more memory, 10GB+ freed if I exit qbittorrent after it's been on overnight.
Though, only 1 daytime use of 4.3.8 whereas I tried to persevere with 437.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

4.36 CRASHED *constantly* on me. So I dropped back to 4.2.5, but a friend suggested 4.3.3 as being the most stable (at that time).
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Used all versions after every new release, never had any crash, excess ram consumption, speed issue, or any of that. Windows 10 LTSC, Windows 10, Ubuntu/Kubuntu OS versions, AMD/Intel CPUs, x64 platform on all PCs/computers. I am not saying others can't have issues but man, am I glad I that never run into any of them.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Peter wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 am Used all versions after every new release, never had any crash, excess ram consumption, speed issue, or any of that. Windows 10 LTSC, Windows 10, Ubuntu/Kubuntu OS versions, AMD/Intel CPUs, x64 platform on all PCs/computers. I am not saying others can't have issues but man, am I glad I that never run into any of them.
Is 4.3.8 still getting flagged by MS? If so, is work being done to prevent it?

Thansk.

--- DS
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

DeathStalker wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 pm
Peter wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:55 am Used all versions after every new release, never had any crash, excess ram consumption, speed issue, or any of that. Windows 10 LTSC, Windows 10, Ubuntu/Kubuntu OS versions, AMD/Intel CPUs, x64 platform on all PCs/computers. I am not saying others can't have issues but man, am I glad I that never run into any of them.
Is 4.3.8 still getting flagged by MS? If so, is work being done to prevent it?

Thansk.

--- DS
I mean, MS flags everything now. Disabling the reputation-based file scan thing is an absolute must now on every Windows 10 installation. If someone wants to ever download or use anything pretty much. I have no idea why it's not a disabled-by-default thing, and then you could turn it on for like parents' computers for example. Oh well, Microsoft... can't wait for the idiotic features 11 will bring. :(