stuck on metadata with vpn

Windows specific questions, problems.
tnwillow

stuck on metadata with vpn

Post by tnwillow »

Running windows 10 in a virtualbox vm with firefox vpn and am stuck on downloading metadata.

I contacted vpn tech support and they said to uninstall the VPN and qbtorrent, reinstall vpn, reinstall qbtorrent. It worked. Then I rebooted and it didn't work. I tried setting up a clean vpn and got similar results with it working and then not working on a reboot. Right now, I'm stuck on metadata and have reinstalled qbtorrent.

I know the torrent is fine as if I shut down vpn, the torrent goes immediately. With vpn running, i have perfect browser access. Yesterday, I was prompted for firewall access and said yes, it worked. I've since checked the firewall and current qbtorrent is set for private access although I had two entries earlier, one check for private, the other public. I tried deleting both and then manually added it for both public/private access but still am stuck on downloading metadata. Ideas?

Edit: Was fiddling around on with it not on a VM and saw similar behavior. Like yesterday, it prompted me for firewall access and worked. Quit and then it didn't work. Been trying to reproduce the conditions but am not sure. So, don't think it's any issues with being on a VM.