Re-loading of torrents & association with files.

Windows specific questions, problems.
lethal42

Re-loading of torrents & association with files.

Post by lethal42 »

Hi All,

I recently had a major hardware upgrade, and although qbitorrent was moved across, all the current and past downloads did not come accross (external party involved).
I have managed to add two torrents, however would luv to get the old ones going again towards completion (hopefully).

So looking to locate and associate with the downloaded files (yes I know where THEY are).

Cant seem to find these torrent files anywhere. looks in program files, utorrent folder, downloads etc
Have started most torrents from piratebay, and wasnt sure where they were once 'activated'.

Hope this isnt too basic, however I couldnt find similar post logged..

Answers to background:

Operating System - win 10 home 64 bit
qbittorent Version - 4.3.8
Qt Version- ?
Boost Version- ?
Libtorrent Version -?
What you were doing/attempting to do when the issue occured - hardware upgrade
Is this is a new install of qbittorent, upgraded from previous version or previously working client that jsut broke - hasnt broken yet (fingers crossed it doesnt)
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re-loading of torrents & association with files.

Post by unseen19 »

- Hi,

Not sure to completely get the correct question but it may be useful anyway. Major crash or upgrade means the same for me, except that a backup is needed if files are inaccessible in the first case.

Most of the time the procedure involves the same application version and the transfer of your profile(with loaded torrents) and files (the movie or else you have). About the profile you can find the location here https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings

Example with an update:
-install on the new system the same QBT version, stop it, and copy the profile.
-move all files to the same location path, and start QBT

I advise to start QBT w/o network the first time, it will avoid downloading file QBT has loaded but not physically in the same location.
Correct all errors/difference and voila.

I've done this multiple time and it's most of the time harder than these small steps. But these are you needed to be done at minimum
lethal42

Re: Re-loading of torrents & association with files.

Post by lethal42 »

Hi unseen19,

Thanks for the paste or copy of a potentially helpful post.

Unfortunately it appears that it did not work.

This was starting without network after clearing any errors, and ensuring preferences are appropriately completed.

Hoping to hear more or alternative suggestions.

cheers!