setting up qBittorrent and Mullvad

Windows specific questions, problems.
smao

setting up qBittorrent and Mullvad

Post by smao »

I'm running qBttorrent 4.3.8 on Windows 10. I just switched VPNs from PIA to Mullvad, and I'm having trouble getting it to play nice with qBittorrent. The speeds are slower than before. I've tested with a Linux distro: even though I have 95 (507) seeds, it's sitting at 100KiB/s after thirty minutes connected.

Since Mullvad removed their bitorrent guide, it's hard to figure out exactly how to set up qBittorrent, but this is what I've tried. I set the Mullvad client to use Wireguard, and I set the qBt proxy server for the appropriate address: SOCKS5, 10.64.0.1, port 1080.

My other settings in the qBt client remain unchanged: Enable DHT, PeX, allow encryption, anonymous mode, etc. I tried opening a port via Mullvad and setting that port in qBt, but none of the port checkers I tried can see it open. I tried forwarding that port in my router, but no luck. Windows firewall is set to allow traffic to qBt.

I'm sorry if this is a bit all over the place, but I've tried everything I can think of! I've seen a few threads about qBt and Mullvad on here, but none of them solved my issue. Thanks in advance for any advice!
smao

Re: setting up qBittorrent and Mullvad

Post by smao »

For anyone who finds this in the future, I solved this issue by disabling the proxy in qBittorrent.