qbittorrent is being automatically unistalled

Windows specific questions, problems.
infini667

qbittorrent is being automatically unistalled

Post by infini667 »

hi! my qbittorrent is being automatically unistalled... Idk why this is happening but happens like once every 3 weeks (for the last year). maybe my antivirus (avira). but that don't make any sense. there's no items in quarentine. and the software is being completely uninstalled, no shortcus on start menu, no entries in control panel/uninstall programs. I really hate configuring my settings all again every time this happens, or every time I reinstall windows... I tried to use the portableapps version, but when I open a magnet link, it opens another instance of qbittorrent, with settings being stored in users/appdata... that's terrible. if the devs could make a native true portable version, would be very nice! thanks!

edit: searching about it, I created a folder "profile" in qbittorrent folder, and now is portable. and I deleted the uninstaller exe. let's see how it goes.
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qbittorrent is being automatically unistalled

Post by unseen19 »

The first thing to check is indeed the AV, have you set a rules to put QBT as an authorized program?
Or maybe you can disable the PUA/PUP (potentially unwanted application / potentially unwanted program) of Avira is embedded.

Windows Defender is notorious to do such thing, is it well disabled on your system (as you have Avira)?