Strange seeding behavior with v3.0.4

Windows specific questions, problems.
Reith

Strange seeding behavior with v3.0.4

Post by Reith »

This may happen with other builds too, I just experienced it on the most recent one.  I'm seeding a decent amount of torrents on some trackers (600+) and for some reason qBt does not announce on all of them.  I'll get a few hundred that just sit there saying "tracker not contacted yet."  It seems to do this every time I open qBt when it's checking the resume data or something.  It stays like this indefinitely, and I have to pause the torrents, force recheck and then start them again before it does anything.

Any ideas? This was on the Windows build, using Windows 7 Pro x64.
ironcross

Re: Strange seeding behavior with v3.0.4

Post by ironcross »

Tools - Options - Advanced - Always announce to all trackers?
loki

Post by loki »

Wait, I thought announce to all trackers was if there's multiple trackers per torrent it announces to all them. The "new standard" method is to only announce to a single (working) tracker.
Which do you mean, multiple trackers same torrent or just multiple (600+) torrents?
Reith

Post by Reith »

[quote="loki"]
Wait, I thought announce to all trackers was if there's multiple trackers per torrent it announces to all them. The "new standard" method is to only announce to a single (working) tracker.
Which do you mean, multiple trackers same torrent or just multiple (600+) torrents?
[/quote]

The latter.  I never use multiple trackers on a single torrent.
Reith

Post by Reith »

[quote="an4rk"]
http://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/iss ... ail?id=365
[/quote]

Thank you, this sounds like what I was experiencing.  Good to know that's it been resolved.