Freezing on 4.3.8 and 4.3.9

Windows specific questions, problems.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Freezing on 4.3.8 and 4.3.9

Post by Peter »

In the name of science, I have downloaded now ~110GB of data with ~80M/s speeds and auto cache. qBittorrent is sitting on 42mb of ram usage now (bit increased since auto and not hard or disabled cache.) The cache/ram usage of course went up during download. But the point is, the memory usage went back to the same point.

Then I downloaded another 150GB. Ram usage went up to 1GB (because storage cannot keep up + auto cache). Once it was done, ram usage jumped down to 42mb.

If anyone can see a pattern on how to make the client leak, please share the exact steps. Downloading large amounts of data fast seemingly does nothing.
chippy1

Post by chippy1 »

I am using Qbit v 4.3.7 and while seeding its using between 415mb and 425mb of memory

system is

Ryzen 2400G

16Gig of memory

windows 10 and no raid

Disk catche is on auto

Changed to v 4.3.9 and on seeding only uses 250mb
jdohe

Post by jdohe »

I really don't think your Qbittorrent is the problem.

One thing you should do first is upgrade to Windows 11.

After upgrading to Windows 11, reply with your results.. it is important to know if it DID fix the problem,and also important to know if it did NOT fix the problem.

Other possible culprits are that your cpu is overheating - try forcing your fan to run at full speed and see if the problem remains.
Could be that your hard drive is almost full. Full hard drives cause all sorts of problems.

Try running Qbittorrent in Safe Mode WITH networking.
you can get to safe mode by getting a command prompt and typing in MSCONFIG