Seeding Stalled- won't upload

Windows specific questions, problems.
heehawrules

Seeding Stalled- won't upload

Post by heehawrules »

Hello! I have a couple issues, and forgive me ahead of time as I am not even sure what to ask. I'll post them all to separate questions to make it easier. I haven't changed my web settings, network, anything and it was working maybe a month or so ago, now, nothing.

First, I have torrents sitting in my queue. They are showing that they are seeding, but they are also showing in the "stalled", "paused" and "inactive" lists as well. So, something isn't right, LOL. I also notice that even though one of the torrents is very active, there is no uploading data from my end, despite there being a ton of even when there are many peers connected, it still isn't transferring any data.

How do I address this problem?
BazzFLL

Re: Seeding Stalled- won't upload

Post by BazzFLL »

Hello! I am experiencing the same problem - how about we agree to share any suggested solutions that we hopefully will receive on this forum? Since this problem suddenly started with no adjustments by us, I suspect that something is going on "out there" on the BitTorrent Network that we are not being told about. Here is a clue...I always use VPN Unlimited when I do any torrenting, but one time after this problem started, I tried torrenting without it and all of the torrents started downloading immediately...of course, I received a DMCA notice from my ISP the next day, so I can't repeat that experiment, lol. I hope that we can find a solution here, so that we can get back to enjoying our favorite content...
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

If you're very careful with what torrents are manually started/stopped so there's not too many or too few at once, you can try disabling Torrent Queueing (it's under Options, BitTorrent in qBitTorrent.)

There are a couple ways a queue of torrents can "snarl up" such as from unfinished and inactive torrents that never download due to all seeds being gone...they can fill up downloading torrent slots and not let other torrents start instead.
BazzFLL

Post by BazzFLL »

I uninstalled ver. 4.3.9, and reverted back to 4.3.6, and - SUCCESS!!! All is working again, with no freezing or any other issues so far. WHEW!!!
BazzFLL

Post by BazzFLL »

Bad news - when I went back to download more torrents, the problem resumed. I uninstalled ver. 4.3.6, & tried reverting to 4.3.1, & no change. WE NEED A FUNCTIONING BITTORRENT CLIENT FOR WINDOWS 10 & 11 64-BIT !!! Any suggestions, anyone?
silv3r

Post by silv3r »

Same here! Windows 11 running, stalled uploading is the same problem. Is it me or is it the client? I've reinstalled Windows hoping it would fix it but no. Any ideas?
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

Is qBitTorrent reporting itself as firewalled?

Can you run a test seeding torrent with a friend to confirm you cannot upload at all?