Stopped working, all trackers show Permission Denied

Windows specific questions, problems.
whitebeard

Stopped working, all trackers show Permission Denied

Post by whitebeard »

Version 4.3.9 64-bit, Windows 10, TorGuard Proxy.. About a week ago it stopped downloading or uploading. All trackers show "Permission Denied" under Message. I have tried reverting to 4.3.6, it's the same. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stopped working, all trackers show Permission Denied

Post by Peter »

And if you disable the proxy, does it work?
If you are worried about p2p laws, just add a Debian/Ubuntu ISO torrent and test with that (while pausing the rest).
drfresh

Post by drfresh »

Did you ever get an answer to this @whitebeard?

I have the exact same situation (still) using QT 4.4.1 on Ubuntu Linux (and in fact also version 4.3.9 on a Lubuntu). If I try to download say a linux dist it comes down in a few seconds WITH the proxy on.

But anything else just hang in "Downloading metadata" and all the trackers is either "permission denied" or "timed out". It's pretty annoying. My Torguard Proxy is paid for and username/password is OK. And I haven't touched the firewall either. However QT also reports it's "no direct connection" which is strange.
whitebeard

Post by whitebeard »

It's been working ok for a while now. Still have a lot of torrents that have downloaded 0% or a hung waiting for metadata. New fresh torrents work ok, so I guess these are just torrents that no-one has the data online. I leave them up for years, as I have had a few that suddenly downloaded after 6 months. New popular torrents keep seeding until the ratio hits my limit of 4.0 (I set it there so other torrents will start seeding). Most torrents show a few trackers active. The ones waiting for metadada show no seeds (in trackers display) so I guess that's the problem. So. it's working fine now.