Moved from Win10 to Linux Mint. How to migrate torrents?

Linux specific questions, problems.
Qbites

Moved from Win10 to Linux Mint. How to migrate torrents?

Post by Qbites »

So, i moved from Win10 to Linux Mint.
How do i move all torrent data to Mint??
I have a few thousands of torrents so manually is not really an option.
Any way to import?

i've tried using qbit with Wine. no working.
also all pathnames in the torrents have to be changed right?

thanks.
Qbites

Re: Moved from Win10 to Linux Mint. How to migrate torrents?

Post by Qbites »

Oh well, i reinstalled qbit to give it another try and suddenly all torrents and data is there :o
I guess i pasted it in the wrong directory before.

Only need to change directories of torrents.
replacing this:
D:\
E:\
F:\
with this:
/media/user/one of the 3 external drive names/

but how? assistance please? thank you
Last edited by Qbites on Tue May 19, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Qbites

Post by Qbites »

SOLVED.

with this tool

Code: Select all

https://github.com/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/
Vlad00n

Post by Vlad00n »

Hello, there.
Recently I too migrated my torrents from Windows 10 to Linux Mint, using qBittorrent on both systems. With most of the torrents everything is fine. But there is one little obstacle for the rest of the torrents. I'll be using some pictures:
First, this is one example from Linux Mint whitch is fine: Image Here qBittorrent recognize, or I should say that in the .fastresume file the torrent is described correctly - qBittorrent knows that there is parent folder named: Metro Exodus [FitGirl Repack], and there is a subfolder MD5 with some files in it. And all is good, the torrent was rechecked successfully.
But my problems is this, two examples with the first 2 pictures: Image Image and Image one more torrent with the same problem.
In these two examples there is no parent folder according to qBittorrent, but there is a parent folder: /home/vlad00n/Disk1/Storage/Install Gam3s/Assassin's Creed Origins [v. 1.2.1 + 5 DCL}. As you can see there is a folder "Redist", whitch I have on the HDD inside in "Assassin's Creed Origins [v. 1.2.1 + 5 DCL}" and in it there are 3 files. But qBittorrent doesn't undestood that, and it is creating 3 new files, if I hit download, with name "Redist\vcredist_x64.exe" and so on. I tried to rename it in the "Content" section in qBittorrent because of the backward slash to become forward slash with no luck. I was able to trick one of these files to become a folder, after that I renamed it "Redist" put in the rest of the files, tried to recheck again, again with no luck. In Windows 10, using qBittorrent this torrent is fine. Image

Please if some one knows a way how to overcome this annoying situation, or if there is someone of the Developers of the program, could you please find a way to fix this. I was thinking is it possible in the "Content" section in qBittorrent to be a option to create folder and cut/copy and paste files in that folder and this to be reflected in the .fastresume file automatically, to correct this confusion in the software whit torrent like these two. I hope you got my idea. :-\
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Vlad00n wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:08 am Hello, there.
Recently I too migrated my torrents from Windows 10 to Linux Mint, using qBittorrent on both systems. With most of the torrents everything is fine. But there is one little obstacle for the rest of the torrents. I'll be using some pictures:
First, this is one example from Linux Mint whitch is fine: Image Here qBittorrent recognize, or I should say that in the .fastresume file the torrent is described correctly - qBittorrent knows that there is parent folder named: Metro Exodus [FitGirl Repack], and there is a subfolder MD5 with some files in it. And all is good, the torrent was rechecked successfully.
But my problems is this, two examples with the first 2 pictures: Image Image and Image one more torrent with the same problem.
In these two examples there is no parent folder according to qBittorrent, but there is a parent folder: /home/vlad00n/Disk1/Storage/Install Gam3s/Assassin's Creed Origins [v. 1.2.1 + 5 DCL}. As you can see there is a folder "Redist", whitch I have on the HDD inside in "Assassin's Creed Origins [v. 1.2.1 + 5 DCL}" and in it there are 3 files. But qBittorrent doesn't undestood that, and it is creating 3 new files, if I hit download, with name "Redist\vcredist_x64.exe" and so on. I tried to rename it in the "Content" section in qBittorrent because of the backward slash to become forward slash with no luck. I was able to trick one of these files to become a folder, after that I renamed it "Redist" put in the rest of the files, tried to recheck again, again with no luck. In Windows 10, using qBittorrent this torrent is fine. Image

Please if some one knows a way how to overcome this annoying situation, or if there is someone of the Developers of the program, could you please find a way to fix this. I was thinking is it possible in the "Content" section in qBittorrent to be a option to create folder and cut/copy and paste files in that folder and this to be reflected in the .fastresume file automatically, to correct this confusion in the software whit torrent like these two. I hope you got my idea. :-\
Hi! Can you paste there how you change paths and if you used qbtchangetrackers command, that you used too
Vlad00n

Post by Vlad00n »

Hello, rumanzo.

I didn't use any programs or commands to do the migration. I've just copied all the files from old BT_backup from Windows 10 to the new destination in Linux Mint - BT_backup. Then I started qBittorrent and continue to change the destination of the torrent from the program Content section, and then do rechecked. For most of the torrents everything is fine. Only for those that in qBittorrent in Content section there is no parent folder therefore the problem with the subfolders, as you can see in the pictures from my last post. Is there any solution with the tool from your topic ? Thank you !
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Vlad00n wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:18 am Hello, rumanzo.

I didn't use any programs or commands to do the migration. I've just copied all the files from old BT_backup from Windows 10 to the new destination in Linux Mint - BT_backup. Then I started qBittorrent and continue to change the destination of the torrent from the program Content section, and then do rechecked. For most of the torrents everything is fine. Only for those that in qBittorrent in Content section there is no parent folder therefore the problem with the subfolders, as you can see in the pictures from my last post. Is there any solution with the tool from your topic ? Thank you !
Then you have some options:
You copy BT_BACKUP from Windows again, use qbtchangetracker with replace flag, and all you torrents must be fine
Or you use qbtchangetracker to current setup, but you will need rehash all not completed torrents
Or you can change paths manually and recheck for all torrents)

Easyest way - first option. Get last linux release from https://github.com/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/releases and run:
$ chmod +x qbtchangetracker_ver
$ qbtchangetracker_ver --replace '\,/;D:\old_win_pathprefix,/new_linux_path_prefix'

May be layer I improve this function, like i did in bt2qbt, but it's must help you
Vlad00n

Post by Vlad00n »

rumanzo wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:14 am Then you have some options:
You copy BT_BACKUP from Windows again, use qbtchangetracker with replace flag, and all you torrents must be fine
Or you use qbtchangetracker to current setup, but you will need rehash all not completed torrents
Or you can change paths manually and recheck for all torrents)

Easyest way - first option. Get last linux release from https://github.com/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker/releases and run:
$ chmod +x qbtchangetracker_ver
$ qbtchangetracker_ver --replace '\,/;D:\old_win_pathprefix,/new_linux_path_prefix'

May be layer I improve this function, like i did in bt2qbt, but it's must help you
This evening or tomorrow I'll give it a try and will post back the results. At this point, thank you !
Vlad00n

Post by Vlad00n »

Hello, again.
So. I did as you told me. But I have to say that for those torrents that I have the problem with, it didn't help. I'll show a little bit of the code in the fast resume file: "libtorrent-version7:1.2.6.012:mapped_filesl23:Redist\vcredist_x64.exe23:Redist\vcredist_x86.exe21:Redist\dxwebsetup.exe10:Data-2.bin10:Data-4.bin10:Data-1.bin9:setup.exe10:Data-3.bin". The problem is "Redist\vcredist_x64.exe" this part, the backward slash. Even though I used as a command for the tool: "qbtchangetracker_v1.2_amd64.exe --replace "\,/;E:\Install Gam3s,/home/vlad00n/Disk1/Storage/Install Gam3s... and so on", didn't help. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong ? Because I found the fastresume file for this Game with that "Redist" folder, I just changed the backward slash with forward slash by using notepad++, and it worked. And now I realize, the tool is changing the section of the fastresume file only for save_path, but in my case I need to change the section mapped_files. Can the tool do that ? And still Thank you for the help. Now I know what I have to do to solve my problem. I hope this will help to make the tool even beter. All the best !
Last edited by Vlad00n on Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.