No GUI

Linux specific questions, problems.
mecmecmec

No GUI

Post by mecmecmec »

As of recently, when I run qBittorrent nothing seems to happen. No splash, no window, no tray icon. The program is running and there are no unusual messages on stdout/stderr, just no GUI (or web UI). If I run as another user it works, so it's presumably a problem with my config, though I haven't changed anything.
Using qBittorrent 3.1.2-1, boost-libs 1.54.0-4, libtorrent-rasterbar 1:0.16.12-1, qt4 4.8.5-6 on Arch Linux.
mecmecmec

Re: No GUI

Post by mecmecmec »

I tried recompiling with --disable-gui to force web interface. When run I got a stream of errors (Fast resume data was rejected, Unable to decode torrent file, Adding back torrent which got lost for some reason, mismatching file size...) and the now working web ui listed every torrent @ 0%.
So I rm -r .config/qBittorrent .cache/qBittorrent .local/share/data/qBittorrent .local/share/data/qBittorrentgeoip to start from scratch.
loki

Post by loki »

I don't know what may have messed up, settings or new/different builds, but you have fixed it by clearing your config files?
mecmecmec

Post by mecmecmec »

Nope, still broken. The GUI did open, but froze when I tried to add a torrent and it's now back to how it was.
My libtorrent-rasterbar was updated recently (to 1:0.16.12-1), so I'm now thinking that it is to blame. I'll try compiling an old version, see if it helps.
mecmecmec

Post by mecmecmec »

Downgraded to libtorrent-rasterbar 0.16.11, still freezes when I add a torrent. Downgraded qBittorrent to 3.1.0, still freezes.
I have no idea what the problem could be because 3.1.0 used to work and I think 3.1.2 did for a time too. Any debugging advice?
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

I was having issues when the older version of libtorrent was there clean it up and install 0.16.2