BUG - Cannot add new torrents

Linux specific questions, problems.
dinjo

BUG - Cannot add new torrents

Post by dinjo »

I cannot add several torrents and i think its maybe due to long names the log says

Bad request: message too long
Bad request: message too long
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BUG - Cannot add new torrents

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

I am not mind reader. How do you try to add the torrents? Double clicking/drag-n-drop/file->add/webui/etc
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

Add Web GUI on 2.9.8-1

I'm running it on headless device
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

The 2.9.x are way old now. We don't support them. Which distro do you use? Debian stable?
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

Yes I'm not sure why you say you don't support I installed 3.1 week back it was giving me lower speed so had to switch back to 2.9
loki

Post by loki »

No longer supported as in no longer updated, see 3.1 for updates.
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

But 3.1 has its own share of its problems
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

What kind of problems?
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

Speed drops in downloading , initially it wasn't there but after a day i realize that the client is giving me less speed compared to 2.9 version also since you are replying here would also like to have these 2 problems sorted

1. How to add new torrents via web gui and skip hash check ? Is there a script which can be used to generate resume files ?
2. The web gui password cannot be changed anytime you do it fails to login also when you say no authentication on local network it still asks for password
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

The speed problem is identified here and I'll most likely include a fix in 3.1.3 or in 3.1.4

The other 2 issues aren't 3.1.x specific I suppose. I know that the webui is lacking functionality but currently noone in the team has the skills nor the incentive to update it. Although number 2 might be fixable without fiddling too much with html/javascript code. Please create a proper report on github about number 2, otherwise I'll most probably forget about it.

No there isn't a script that can do that. A user named briantist that has developed for himself such a script. He wants to make it public but it isn't in a state that can be shared. link-> http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php/topi ... ml#msg8553

Oh and the original error you got. Which torrent did you try to download? I suppose that it was a few MBs large. Currently 3.1.2 has the limit at 10MB, previously it was even lower. This limit only exists when you "add a link to a torrent file." in the regular qbt version.
dinjo

Post by dinjo »

Ok I recompile lib torrent 0.16.2 and removed 0.15.1 and now i dont see to have any speed issues also i can add the torrents which i wasn't able to do earlier, also web gui password can be changed now :-) final request would be to just remove the password for local networks which does not seems working atm can you try at your end.

For fast resume it seems he is change c++ file for libtorrent which i want to avoid as I'm also using rtorrent