Hide my IP

Linux specific questions, problems.
whytewolves

Re: Hide my IP

Post by whytewolves »

Nemo,

Thank you for your help.  I had already turned on the anonymous mode from qBittorrent, but with your suggestion, downloaded the free VPN recommended by you and endorsed by Jellyfish.
      My question now is, once I have logged into the VPN, am I good to go?  As I stated in my first post, I am not computer literate nor savvy.  I do know I do not want to go back to prison for a violation of any kind; however, with that being said, I am retired due to my accident and enjoy watching movies that I cannot always afford to rent let alone buy.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

If im right you're good to go but im not 100% sure. Or you need to change the networkd adapter in advanced settings to set it at your VPN.

I never used a VPN myself so I can't give you a definite answer. I will ask Jellyfish to answer this for you (or someone else).
whytewolves

Post by whytewolves »

Thank you again Nemo, I appreciate all the help and advice....

Joe
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

Since the VPN works system-wide, then it is not necessary to make any special changes to qBittorrent - just ensure that you are connected to the VPN before starting qBittorrent.

However, I would recommend setting the Network Interface in Options > Advanced > Network Interface to the VPN (as discussed here: index.php/topic,3463.0.html).  That way if the VPN should inadvertently disconnect whist in use, torrent transfers will be halted.

Personally, I have only used PPTP with a VPN (which does not require any software to be downloaded).

There are also some VPN setup instructions on the "Tutorials" menu at https://o2vpn.com/en/.
whytewolves

Post by whytewolves »

Jellyfish,

I fail to connect to the O2VPN since I have installed.  For some reason, it continues to reconnect and winds up failing. I think that I need to determine the cause of this before trying to proceed with these other instructions. Besides, if I am reading right, I should not open qBittorrent until after I am connected & then try to change my Network Interface.  Am I right?
whytewolves

Post by whytewolves »

I Have finally connected to the VPN; however, when I go to my Network Interface in qBittorrent, I'm not sure which to use.
Any Interface I'm sure is not right
Local Area Connection 2???
Wireless Network Connection 3???
& Local Area Connection???
Those are all that shows up for me to choose from.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

Probably  LAN2, check the properties of the connector in Network Connections (Or whatever it might be called in your Windows version)
whytewolves

Post by whytewolves »

Thank you ciaobaby.